The most common types of media/widget* content are videos and search widgets. Audio files may also be embedded. This type of content requires code. Many sites provide code such Twitter, Pintrest, Common Sense Media, Padlet, & Symbaloo to name just a few.
A widget is "an application, or a component of an interface, that enables a user to perform a function or access a service."
The steps to add code for video, audio, or widgets are essentially the same.
1. Locate the Embed Code for the object you are adding to your site. Copy the code.
2. Click on Add Box. For a refresher on this step view General Directions under Add & Organize Content/Box Types.
3. Click on Add/Reorder Content and select Media/Widget.
4. Add a specific Title that makes it easy for you to identify the content at a later date when you want to reuse it.
5. Paste the code into the Embed Code box.
6. Click Save. Do not panic if the content is not visible. Some widgets are only viewable in Preview or Live mode.
Most types of content can be reused. Media/Widget is not exception. Follow these basic steps.
1. Click on and select .
2. In the new window click on the tab "Reuse Existing Widget." You will need to know the name of the widget you would like to reuse. Start typing the name of the widget and a list will appear.
3. Click Save and a new window will appear.
4. To make sure you can edit the widget, check the box next to Copy.
5. Then if you have other content in the box where the widget is being added, you may choose the Position from the dropdown menu by clicking on the .
6. Click . if the content is not visible. Some widgets are only viewable in or mode.
The width of the search box and the lack of white space between the box in which a term is entered and the buttons for the types of search can now be corrected by "tweaking" the code of your current widget. or replacing the current Catalog widget.
Choose one of two options to accomplish this.
1. Edit your site's existing Catalog widget code using these steps.
View brief video for this option. Please note that while the catalog box in the video is the "old version," the steps to correct the issue are the same. The video will be updated as soon as possible to reflect the new look of Destiny.
The catalog widget should now have white space between the search box and the specific search term buttons. See sample below. This process will have to be repeated for any unmapped boxes/widgets.
If you have questions or need help with this process, please contact Sharon.
The "Search EBEC Catalog" box may be reused on your sites with a minor edit. Follow these steps:
Questions? Problems? Please fill out the RILINK Help Request Form.