Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Setting Up Destiny Discover
Updating Access Level settings in Destiny Back Office (Classic) on the [Admin] tab
By default the Search using Destiny Discover permission is enabled for all users, allowing them to access Destiny Discover via Destiny Classic (Catalog > Destiny Discover) or your Destiny Discover permalink, which looks like this: https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/65494. The number on the end depends on the site number assigned by Follett to your school’s Destiny Discover site.
Note: If you want your patrons to use Destiny Discover by default, which makes it directly accessible via your Destiny Classic URL, be sure to enable the Use Destiny Discover by default permission.
- Search all library sites through Destiny Discover: Allows a user to Search all libraries in RICAT and view the search results in Destiny Discover. The copy availability in the search results list includes copies in all schools in RICAT.
- Use Destiny Discover by default: When this is checked for any Access Level the user goes to Destiny Discover after logging in. If the Guest Access Level has this option checked, anyone going to your RICAT site before logging in will automatically be taken to Destiny Discover. This has the same result as accessing your site directly with your Destiny Discover Permalink (see above).
- Search curriculum tags: This option enables users assigned to an Access Level to find resources that support learning objectives assigned by Follett's curriculum experts. Your Teacher Access Level and any other educational Access Levels should have this option.
- Search Open Educational Resources (OER): This option allow users assigned to an Access Level to View and open Open Educational Resources (OERs) in Destiny Discover.
- Use Biblionasium as: [Student or Staff]: This requires a subscription to this service. See our website at for details. This option allows the use of a single sign-on to access Biblionasium from Destiny Discover, and lets a user have real-time information and access to library resources through Destiny Discover.
Please note: so far, any logo that you upload only appears in the simplified view.