Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
So far, we are looking at relatively minor changes with Destiny 17.5:
- Back Office tab renamed Admin
- In Circulation
- The “Check in Offsite Copies” option now defaults to off.
- "In Library Use” can be opted as off (the default remains as on).
Changes in Destiny Discover also relate the name changes.
- On the Main Menu Destiny is now called Destiny Back Office.
- Setup has been renamed Admin.
- Admin now opens to Discover Admin.
- Limit access to Collections for various roles in Destiny Discover. For example, limit elementary school students to only elementary collections in other schools in RILINK. Something to consider: this could also be done on a RILINK-wide basis. Send email to email@example.com if you think this would be a good idea.
- Edit any Collection when you are signed in as an Administrator for your site and set the collaborators for the collection.
- Pin a Collection so patrons see it at the beginning of the carousel. Collections may be pinned for a specific length of time as well as scheduled.
- Sign up for monthly webinar/ Q and A on the last Friday of every month at 3:00 pm EST by visiting the Follett Community Webinar Series page to find out about new and upcoming changes for Destiny Discover.
New Search Options
A new feature makes search options in Destiny Discover more visible. The + icon has been replaced with the two buttons; Search Options and Options are Set.
Images Now Displayed for Collections
No more generic icons for Collections on the homepage carousels and Search Results! Collections featured in these areas now reflect the images and colors assigned to the Collections. And on that note, "carousels" is now used in place of "ribbons" for the items displayed on your home page.
The number of Collections available now exceeds 10,000. To search effectively for Collections on a given topic, use the Search Options and the homepage. Then click on the Collections tab to further filter your results.
Here are the outline and resources used for the presentation by Sharon Webster on Destiny 17 at the RILINK Summer Conference
What's new in Destiny 17.5 ?
Covers all updates for Destiny, including Classic, Destiny Discover, and Resource Manager. These are the slides from the Follett webinar on February 25, 2020.
Here is an introductory video to Destiny Discover for students (Simplified Version), 3:23 minutes long. Click here to view the video full screen.
Here is an introductory video for teachers, 3:22 minutes long. Click here to view the video full screen.
Attention LibGuides Users: these and other Follett videos are available for addition to your websites as a RILINK Managed Asset. Check out all the options at https://guides.rilinkschools.org/rmcontent.
Apps are now available in Google Play (Destiny Discover) and Apple Apps (Destiny Discover and Destiny Read).
In the demo, the checked in item is on Hold for someone at the owning library. At the end of the video, the status shows as available because the Hold was deleted.
Please note that
- these "Returning" items do not show up in the Holds/ILL lists
- to be checked in at another library, items actually have to have a "checked out" status at the owning library