Asset Best Practices *
1. Give Assets unique names!
2. Provide commonly used Assets for everyone's use. See RILINK Managed Widgets & Videos.
3. Map whenever possible to make updates easy.
4. Request help with CSS to change how an asset looks.
*based on information from a Springshare webinar.
Content may be reused at the Content Type (except Rich Text), Box, Page, and Guide levels. Additionally, Guides may be reused at the Community level. Please refer to the RILINK Schools LibGuides CMS Users Guide for more information.
Statistics* provides a look at how your LibGuide(s) are being used to help assess what to improve or delete.
To access Statistics
1. Click on Statistics on the orange command bar.
2. Locate the Guide with which you wish to work.
*The list is organized by Group first and then a list of your Guides. Choose by Group if you want to see a list of all of your Guides at once. Choose by individual guide to focus on the statistics of that one.
3. Set the parameters and click Run Report.
4. See the Total Views for the Guide.
If the report was set to look at a Group, all Guides associated with the Group will be listed.
5. Click on the name of the Guide to see the Views for Pages and Assets.
Please note: Parameters set at the Guide level remain in place for Page and Assets as well. Click Run Report to see data.
6. Use the resulting data to help make decisions about the content.
* Guides linked as Pages using a Redirect URL must be viewed as the individual Guide to see the Statistics.
Special thanks to Stephanie Mills for granting permission to me to use Park View Middle School for this screencast.