The easiest way to assess the "age" of your content is to review the date in the bottom right hand corner of box. That date indicates the last time some type of edit was made. This date is only visible in Edit mode.
Content not updated within six months may need another look. Pay close attention to any links added in Rich Text. The only way to determine if they are still working is to click on them. The Link Checker Tool only looks at links added as the Content Type Link.
Content may be deleted at the four levels: Type, Box, Page, and Guide.
Remember- before deleting a Box or Page consider a draft option instead. For a Guide consider status options such as Private or Unpublished. CAUTION: Never use Unpublished as the status for the Main Site Guide. Please also review "Help! I deleted a guide or page! Can it be recovered?" in Springshare Help.
To delete an individual Content Type
1. Click on the Edit Icon next to the content you wish to delete.
2. Read the information in the new window. Confirm you wish to delete the content from the Box.
3. Remember- deleted Content Types with the exception of Rich Text will still be listed in Assets.
To delete a Box
1. Click on the X in the upper right hand corner.
2. This warning will appear.
3. If the box contains mapped content, the warning will look like this.
4. If you are sure you want to delete the Box, select the box next to " I understand this action cannot be undone" and Click Delete.
5. The Box is now gone, but the Content Types in the Box remain in Assets.
To delete a Page
1. Click on the Page cog. Select "Delete this Page" from the menu.
2. This warning will appear if the Page is Mapped.
3. If you are sure you want to delete the Page, select the box next to " I understand this action cannot be undone" and click Delete. REMEMBER: the Mapped Pages will be deleted from all the sites listed.
Review this page of Springshare Help "Help! I deleted a guide or page! Can it be recovered?" before deleting a Guide. Make sure you are absolutely positive you no longer need/want the content.
Update coming soon!