Skip to main content
For Further Consideration . . .
- LibGuides CMS is a Springshare product. Springshare's mission is "to develop engaging web-based applications created specifically for libraries and educational institutions. ... We are committed to helping libraries create better patron experiences." ("More than half of Springshare's team members are librarians.")
- Every LibGuides CMS paid subscription includes support, upgrades, and training information.
- Usage statistics for every guide you create allow for proactive and reflective decision-making.
- Custom forms and surveys can be used for pre- and post-assessments and other evaluation tools.
- The power of reusability (something you won’t get with Google Sites, Weebly, Wix, Drupal, or Wordpress). Being able to reuse an entire guide, or portions of a guide such as an individual page or box. This drastically reduces the amount of time it takes to create a new guide as you’ll never have to start from scratch again.
- The convenience of leveraged ‘linking’ where content items are linked together. This means that if the original is ever updated in any way (like a new book edition is published) then you only have to update the original and those changes cascade down to every reused item. This makes maintenance a breeze.
- The Community. There are over 180,000 librarians all over the world creating LibGuides, currently 760,000+ guides and counting. You can search what they’re building, request to copy their guides, or collaborate on guides together. It’s content curation at its finest.
- Free training, help documentation, and webinars. Springshare (and RILINK) are here to help you every step of the way.
- Constant Updates. Springshare products aren’t stagnant. Updates are released several times a year, most of them coming from customer suggestions, to ensure the latest and greatest in new features.